Read the link below which introduces a peer-reviewed, scientific paper on using “Mendelian Randomization” to support evidence of the Carbohydrate-Insulin Model (CIM) of obesity. (I’ve also included the pdf file of the original scientific paper for reference).
https://medium.com/@davidludwigmd/genetic-study-supports-carbohydrate-insulin-model-of-obesity-327d84be6d2b (Links to an external site.)
1. What is Mendelian Randomization (MR)? Why is this tool useful in genome wide association studies?
2. How was MR used to test the CIM of obesity and what were the results according to the article?
3. Do another internet search for a gene linked to carbohydrate metabolism, diabetes, or obesity and find your own article that either supports, refutes, or addresses another angle of this story. Then summarize your article.
4. Your article can be a primary, peer-reviewed article OR it can be from a reputable secondary source.
5. Be sure you include the following
1. Summary of your article
2. Link to your article
3. Your thoughts and opinions on the root cause(s) and genetic components of the current epidemics of OBESITY and TYPE 2 DIABETES.
Your article may not be the same as another group member; feel free to post your article ahead of time to “claim it”. You should still link to it at the end of your post!