Because good writing is always a process, our persuasive essay will be written in two parts: a first draft due this week and a final draft due in week 6. Your paper should be 3-4 pages in length.
As you prepare, here are a few reminders for this week’s draft:
- In week 3 you posted a thesis for peer review. Use the revised thesis, based on your classmates’ and teacher’s feedback as the basis for your persuasive paper.
- Use your sources to support your thesis. Research and prepare the passages you will consider using. Remember to review methods of paraphrasing, summarizing, and using direct quotations.
- Prepare the body paragraphs by deciding where to place supporting information. Remember, each paragraph of the paper should act to build the momentum of the argument.
- Apply pathos, logos, and ethos whenever possible.
- Finally, remember that it’s okay if your ideas, opinions, or sources change during process of writing this paper. Writing makes us think, and it’s fine – even beneficial – to have our thoughts change as we express them on paper.
My thesis statement is about animal cruelty.
Every day animal’s are abused and its simply ignored. Humans think it’s okay to take out their sick actions on these helpless animals. Just because they cannot talk. Animal cruelty issues are the people’s issues. When animals are abused the people are at risk as well. 13% of intentional animal abuse cases involve domestic abuse violence. Animal cruelty is no longer a little issue, this can lead to long term psychological effects to not only the animals but the humans as well. This leaves the animals hopeless, hurt and feeling abandoned. The animals are silent. We are the voice for the animals