In your second internship meeting, the CIO explains that she has been asked by the chief executive officer (CEO) to brief the organization’s new chief marketing officer, who comes from the retail industry, on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), specifically the portion that affects the IT environment. The CIO notes that HIPAA Title II, subtitle F has six parts that relate to IT.
Review the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 page on the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation website.
- Section 1. Short Title, Table of Contents
- Title II–Preventing Health Care Fraud and Abuse; Administrative Simplification; Medical Liability Reform
- Subtitle F–Administrative Simplification
- The Transaction and Code Sets Rule
- The Unique Identifier Rule
- The Security Rule
- The Privacy Rule
- The Enforcement Rule
- The Breach Notification Rule
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper using Microsoft® Word that covers the three most important sections pertaining to IT.
- Identify three sections you feel are the most important as they pertain to IT environment
- Explain how each section relates to the IT environment.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.