1. What are banded iron formations and what do they tell us about the evolution of Earth’s atmosphere over geologic time?
2. Why does air on Earth not move simply in a direct path between the equator and the poles?
3. What is the major human activity associated with depletion of the ozone layer? Why is depletion of the ozone a problem and what has been done about this problem?
4. Describe the effect that warmer oceans may have on global atmospheric carbon levels. What effect will this have on global warming?
5. The global circulation of ocean water is likened to a huge conveyor belt. How does this “conveyor belt” move and what is the general pattern of global ocean water movement?
6. Explain the difference between a warm front and a cold front. How does weather vary with each type of front?