For this lesson’s assignment, you will need to:
- Identify a complex problem in your workplace or community.
- Consider potential solutions for the problem.
- Analyze the rhetorical situation.
- Brainstorm and organize a recommendation letter to the stakeholders.
- Brainstorming Your first assignment is to brainstorm various solutions to the community or work problem that you selected. Your brainstorming should be comprehensive and complete. Address possible solutions, affected people, what might happen if the problem is not solved, and potential consequences of your solution. Make sure you explore these issues at the deepest possible level and that you avoid generalizations and oversimplifications of the problem and its solutions. You will submit one document containing all of your ideas. You can scan in a mind map if you would like.
- Analyzing the Rhetorical Situation . Your second assignment is to analyze the rhetorical situation. Describe the audience for your letter, the context in which the problem exists, and the receptivity of the audience.Analysis is at least 150 words long.
- Planning the Letter . Your third assignment is to explain how you will organize your ideas and structure your letter to present your proposal based on the rhetorical situation. Submission is at least 150 words long.