This paper asks you to connect mediated communication to other interpersonal concepts to understand how technology affects how we communicate and vice versa.
Think about what you’ve learned about mediated communication and how it relates to culture, perception, or any of the other concepts covered in class (or that will be covered, if you’re feeling adventurous). For instance, what impact does mediated communication have on managing conflict? Or how can media literacy affect your self-perception? Please do not answer those questions directly; they are provided as examples only.
In fact, in your paper, you are going to focus on one of the articles listed under “Articles for Paper” in the Unit 5 Readings & Resources.
In 2-3 pages, address the following:
1. Briefly summarize the article you chose.
2. Discuss how it relates to the mediated communication, social media, and media literacy concepts presented in the text and other readings.
3. Discuss which other interpersonal concepts are present in the article. For instance, if you chose an article about breaking up via text (there isn’t one there, but let’s say there was), you might look at the nonverbal chapter and talk about how breaking up via text does not allow for the same nonverbal cues. You could write about how emoji stand in – for better or worse – for those nonverbals.
4. Find another similar example and discuss briefly how the two examples are related.
You must include a reference page with this paper, formatted in APA style (google if you need help). In total, you will need AT LEAST 4 sources:
- the source to support C
- the source to support D
- textbook or course reading 1
- textbook or course reading 2
THIS ASSIGNMENT MUST FOLLOW THIS FORMAT:
- 2-3 full pages in length (can be longer, but please do not make it much longer)
- saved as any of the following file types: .doc, .docx, .pdf, or .gdoc (If you are unable to save as one of these, please notify me BEFORE the paper is due)
- Times New Roman
- 12 point, black font
- No cover page
- reference page does not count toward page count