For this Discussion, you will reflect on your interview experience from last week. Perhaps you have noticed how well (or how poorly) you paid attention; or that something the interviewee said astonished you; or how quickly (or slowly) the time went by.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources related to qualitative interviewing.
- Consider the phone interview you conducted in Week 7.
- Listen to your recording 2–3 times.
- Review the notes you took during and after the interview.
- Consider how this experience is different or similar to a conventional conversation.
By Day 3
Post your reflection and analysis on what you learned about interviewing. Include in your reflection and analysis:
- At least two things you would do differently and why
- Something new and surprising that you learned
- A reflection about the value of interviewing as a data collection tool