Create the following using ArcGIS.
Will be given a DEM file.
- 1. Hillshade Map
- 2. Contour Map
- 1. open ArcGIS and drag your DEM to the ArcGIS
- 2. Search “Hillshade ” (the search panel is on the right )
- 3. Choose and open Hillshade (3D analyst)
- 4. chose your DEM in Input raster
- 5. z factor use 0.00001171 and leave other as default
- Here is why https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2007/06/12/sett…
- 6. wait until it finish
- 7. (optional ) on left side, put your DEM on the hillshade
- 8. (optional )double click your DEM on the left (Layer panel), choose Display, change your Transparency to 50% and double click the color bar of your DEM on left (Layer panel), choose a color combination your like.
- 9. Now you have a hillshade map
- 1. Search “Contour List ” in your search panel
- 2. Choose and open Contour (3D analyst)
- 3. Choose your DEM at Input Raster
- 4. Choose a reasonable contour interval for Contour Interval*
- (e.g. 10 , 20, 50) and click plus sign. *the unit here is meter
- 5. click OK and wait until it finished
- 6. double click the contour layer and change the color and style
- 7. Double click the name of your contour layer, choose Labels
- Mark Label features in this layer, choose Contour in your Label Field, and now you have your contour map with label