This week we will discuss the areas of labor relations, health and safety. Over the past few years we have seen this final area of our weekly discussion expand in importance and in risks to organizations.
After completing this week, you should be able to:
- list and describe several labor laws that deal with unions and collective bargaining
- discuss basic concepts of the collective bargaining process
- explain the economic and humanitarian reasons for having a healthy and safe work environment
- discuss some of the legal issues that relate to employee health and safety
1. Please begin by reading the following:
A. Article: HR Magazine – July 2000: Is Workers’ Compensation Changing?
D. The module below titled Understanding Unions and Respecting Employee Rights to a Safe Work Environment.
E. View this YouTube on the History of Unions History of Unions