1. Topic: UNDERAGE DRINKING Refer to the Final Research Paper guidelines for your topic selection. Confirm your topic, and identify how this selection relates to your academic and professional pursuits. GEN 499 WK 1 Disc 1.docx
2. Thesis: Write a direct and concise thesis statement, which will become the point or perspective you will argue or prove in the Final Research Paper.
3. Annotated Bibliography: To help prepare for your final paper, you will be writing an annotated bibliography to indicate the quality of the sources you have read. Please make sure to cite each source using APA style. After each citation, write a brief paragraph (around 150 words) summarizing the source and examining how it will support you in defending your argument.
Academic Research StandardsAcademic research and papers must meet certain standards of quality recognized by the academic community. What constitutes quality, academic research?
- Primary sources, which are documents from the time period being discussed
- Secondary sources supported by research in primary sources
- Credible sources (experts in the area of study)
- Relevant research (materials are pertinent to the area of study)
- In graduate work, the use of peer-reviewed journal articles (journal articles reviewed by recognized experts in the relevant field of study) is required.
- Educational and Government websites may be appropriate in some cases, but should be evaluated carefully.
The paper must be five to seven pages in length (excluding the title pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly sources, three of which can be found in the Ashford Online Library, to support your points. Of the five sources, two will be your primary sources, and one will meet the multimedia requirement.