To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the Learning Resources, including “‘Good to Great’ in Healthcare: How Some Organizations Are Elevating Their Performance” and the two leadership skills assessments.
- Select and complete one of the leadership assessments in your resources to determine your strengths and weaknesses related to your future career in healthcare management.
- Complete the Leadership Skills Assessment Template in your Learning Resources. (Note: Print and keep this completed template handy; you will revisit your results in Week 6.)
- Review the insights provided on your results.
complete this Assignment, write a 1- to 2-page paper that identifies the following:
- Explain whether you agree with the statement “Leaders are not born, they are made” and why.
- What are the key differences between a manager and a leader?
- Based on the results of your completed leadership skills assessment, what are your current strengths and weaknesses as a healthcare manager and/or leader? Do you agree?
- What areas do you feel you need to work on to go from “good” to “great” as a healthcare manager and/or leader in the setting you described in the Discussion?