The global societal issue I choose is Government accountability and corruption
#1 Write: For this discussion, you will address the following prompts:
- Identify the global societal issue you have chosen to research for your Final Paper, an argumentative essay, and explain why further research on this topic is important.
- Provide a clear and concise thesis statement that includes a solution to the global societal issue (see Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.) for assistance).
- Explain how this global societal issue impacts a specific population.
- Locate a peer-reviewed scholarly source and provide statistical data that you found surprising on the topic.
#2 Write: For this discussion, you will address the following prompts:
- Explain at least five differences between popular and scholarly sources used in research.
- Locate and summarize one peer-reviewed, scholarly source from the Ashford University Library and one popular source that pertain to your Final Paper topic. In your summary of each article, comment on the following: biases, reliability, strengths, and limitations.
- From the sources you summarized, list and explain at least five visual cues from the peer-reviewed, scholarly source that were not evident in the popular source.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length, which should include a thorough response to each prompt. You are required to provide in-text citations of applicable required reading materials and/or any other outside sources you use to support your claims. Provide full reference entries of all sources cited at the end of your response. Please use correct APA format when writing in-text citations (see In-Text Citation Helper (Links to an external site.)) and references (see Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.)).