Your assignments will be focused on completing a short teaching unit or training course for adults using the principles, theories, and tools that you have learned in this course.
The subject of your assignments can be a lesson within a larger classroom course, a short training course for an office environment, a professional development course, or a class for an adult continuing education program. The total teaching time should be about 1-3 hours.
Note that the Strayer Library is at research.strayer.edu and will give you access to dozens of education journals, books, and other resources for your assignments.
Assignment 1: Topic Outline and Objectives
Due in Week 3 and worth 200 points
For the first assignment, you will write a 3-4-page paper in which you will:
- Summarize the subject that you would teach and the value of the subject for yourself and others.
- Create a topic outline for the subject of your course.
- Write at least one over-arching objective (terminal objective) for the entire course and 2-4 learning objectives (enabling objectives) for each topic.
- Describe your own personal theory of learning.
- Describe how you will use your own learning theory to teach your course.
- Include at least three (3) references (no more than 2-3 years old) from material outside the textbook.
please include introduction and conclusion