HA 390- Health Services Administration Internship 1
Assignment # 5: Habits That Create Success
Due: Sunday, October 13, 2019 by 6:00 pm
Prof. S. Velazquez, LMSW
· Write a paper that details to what extent you practice habits that create success.
In his national bestseller, “The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People,” author Steven R. Covey outlines seven practices that he believes are key to both personal and professional success. According to Covey, the seven habits of highly successful people are:
1) They take initiative. (“Be Proactive”)
2) They focus on goals. (“Begin with the End in Mind”)
3) They set priorities. (“Put First Things First”)
4) They only win when others win. (“Think Win/Win”)
5) They communicate. (“Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood”)
6) They cooperate. (“Synergize”)
7) They reflect on and repair their deficiencies. (“Sharpen the Saw”)
Question: To what degree to do you engage in these practices?
· For each of Covey’s principles, describe how well (or in some cases perhaps, how poorly) you are practicing these habits.
· Provide specific example of each habit as they apply to you (For example, with regard to Habit # 1- “If I am having a problem in class, I approach my professor and ask for clarification.”)
· If you are not practicing these habits, reflect and explain what keeps you from engaging in these behaviors.
A PDF file of Covey’s book is available in this week’s folder. You may use it to learn more about Covey’s principles and gain further clarification about his ideas.
Instructions for Submission:
Your assignment should be in a WORD document. To submit, attach the document to an e-mail addressed to my attention via BLACKBOARD. This week you are submitting one (1) document. Save and upload your document using the title below:
Wk5Assgn-Habits-Your last name, first name