- Describe the theories and perspectives on motivation
- Identify the different types of motivation and their nature
This reaction and response assignment explores theories, perspectives, and types of motivation.
A one-page (12-point font) paper
Step 1Review the major theories of motivation.
Review the major theories of motivation in this lesson and in at least two articles. For example, you might read these articles:
Step 2Answer the questions.
Answer the following questions:
- What is motivating you to attend school?
- What motivates you generally? Consider the arousal, incentive, and self-determination theories.
- Where do you fall in Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs?
- What strategies do you use to motivate yourself?
Step 3Report your findings.
Write a one-page report on your motivators based on the major theories of motivation.