Please watch a children’s television show or station (Disney Channel would work well, but you can also choose Nickelodeon, Nick Junior, Saturday morning cartoons, etc.) for exactly one hour, including all commercials. As you watch these shows and commercials, pay very close attention to underlying messages and assumptions about gender roles, stereotypes, and sex-typed behaviors.
After describing what you saw, please give us your personal reaction and include answers to the following questions:
• What were you surprised and not surprised about?
• What is this show/commercial trying to tell children about what is appropriate for each gender?
• What does it mean to be a little boy or little girl according to the shows/commercials you watched?
• How does the media influence our view of appropriate gender roles in our society?
• A minimum of 500 words (not including reference
• References and cites one peer-reviewed journal using correct APA
• Reference and cite one scholarly source using correct APA