Read the below instruction carefully:
Role Strain and Burnout in Nursing
Write a 1000-1500 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. There should be three main sections, one for each bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) sources using citations in your essay. Make sure to cite using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page in correct APA do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
- What happens to the nurse when role stress or strain becomes too overwhelming? What happens to patient care? How is this related to possible ethic and legal issues? Discuss how nurses can manage or reduce role stress and role strain.
- Explain two issues that lead to nurse burnout and discuss a solution for each issue.
- Think of an experience in your nursing profession where you either felt strain or burnout and how you overcame this event. (Since this is personal experience, you can use first person narration for this portion of your essay.)
Length: 1000-1500 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three (3) scholarly sources are required.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or a PDF document (.pdf)
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (2018). Nursing faculty shortage.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (2018). About the nursing shortage.
- Carte, N. S., & Williams, C. (2017). Role strain among male RNs in the critical care setting: Perceptions of an unfriendly workplace. Intensive & Critical Care Nursing, 43, 81-86.
- Iel Marciano de, M. F., & de Almeida, R. J. (2016). Occupational stress at work in nursing in brazil: An integrative review. Revista Brasileira Em Promocao Da Saude, 29(3), 447-454.
- Johnston, D. W., Jones, M. C., Charles, K., Mccann, S. K., & Mckee, L. (2013). Stress in nurses: Stress-related affect and its determinants examined over the nursing day. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 45(3), 348-56.