Considering everything that you have learned in this course, submit a letter that you have written to your *Pennsylvania (PA)* state senator or representative to advocate for a professional issue that is relevant to your state of practice as a Psychiatric Mental-Health Nurse Practitioner. First locate PAâ€™s U. S. senators, U.S. representative, and state legislator using the search links below. Using the information from the last module on the issues identified by your state professional organization advocacy team, write a letter to one of your members of the U.S. Congress and your state legislator.
In these letters identify:
- the issue
- why it is an issue
- how it affects patient care and outcomes
- how it restricts practice
- a suggestion for removing such barriers
- Use information learned from this class as well as the information provided to you in this weekâ€™s two reading assignment from *Buppert and Joel* (chapters are listed below). Submit your draft letters for this assignment. Your faculty will provide feedback, so that you can strengthen the letters prior to mailing.
- – Find your U.S. Senators
Reading assignment for week 13
- 1) Buppert, C. (2018). Nurse practitionerâ€™s business practice and legal guide (6th ed.). Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- – Chapter 17: Strategies for Nurse Practitioners
- 2) Joel, L. A. (2018). Advanced practice nursing: Essentials for role development (4th ed). F.A. Davis Company.
- – Chapter 1: Advanced Practice Nursing: Doing What Has to Be Done
- – Chapter 4: Educational Preparation of Advanced Practice Nurses: Looking to the Future
- – Chapter 10: Public Policy and the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
*One source of content for the letter should come from a peer reviewed article no later than three years old.*