Directions: Please put your name on your paper. Please type your answers using MicrosoftWord and send your Word Document or HTML file as an attachment in Private e-mail to me on. Please do and turn in your own work.
I- True/False Statements (1 point each)
Directions: Please decide if the following statements are True or False by either circling or bolding and enlarging T or F.Each question is worth one point.
TF1) When doing an evaluation of a bilingual child you must first determine if they have language impairment
TF2) Mean length of Utterance is how long a child can hold the “C” note withperfect pitch.
TF3) Whenever possible the assessing a child’s in their home language is always the best method to gather important data.
TF4) The use of Criterion-referenced testing are excellent standardized testing tools.
II– Essay Questions ( 2points each question)
- List and define the Five Main Components of Language
- Explain the difference between formal and informal assessment of language impairments
- Explain the major difference between Tourette Syndrome and Echolalia.
- The Assessment of language can be performed in four purposes. List the 4 key elements and briefly define each one.
- Define Mean Length of Utterance (MLU)
- List and Define the Five Stages of Language Development
- What is the difference between a language delay and a Language Disability
- Define the difference between a “Conductive hearing loss” and a “Sensorineural hearing loss