Briefly respond to the following in 2-3 pages:
1.Microsoft (MS) Excel Development Functions. Review commonly used spreadsheet development functions within MS Excel (formulas, linking, pivot tables, etc.) by completing Atomic Learning tutorials. Complete the Excel 2016 – Frequently Used Formulas & Functions Training: B. Formulas (required) and C. Linking and Consolidating Worksheets (required) module tutorials. Also complete the Excel 2016 – Pivot Tables: A. Getting Started (required), B. Creating and Deleting (required), C. Custom Appearance and Layout (required), D. Printing Options and Copying a Pivot Table (required), E. Summarizing with Totals and Formulas (required), Refreshing Data (required), G. Pivot Charts (optional), and I. Sparklines and Slicers (optional) module tutorials. List the modules completed, provide a brief synopsis what you learned within each module (You do not have to provide a synopsis of each individual tutorial video), and comment on the usefulness of MS Excel development functions. Note: Atomic Learning modules are required.
2.Poor Spreadsheet Design/Development Practices.
- How do poor spreadsheet design/development practices contribute to spreadsheet integrity/reliability problems?
- Identify two poor spreadsheet design/development practices (see Ansari and Block 2008 and Harkins 2011 but also conduct your own research and draw your own conclusions). Explain the implications of each poor practice you identified. Hint: Search for “bad spreadsheet development practices” or “spreadsheet design errors.”
- Explain the potential business consequences of poor spreadsheet design/development practices. Hint: Search for “spreadsheet errors” or “spreadsheet horror stories.”
- Explain why the majority of spreadsheets typically contain serious errors.
3.Good Spreadsheet Design/Development Practices.
- How do good spreadsheet design/development practices contribute to spreadsheet integrity/reliability?
- Identify two good spreadsheet design/development practices and list them in order of priority (see Ansari and Block 2008 and Bewig 2005 but also conduct your own research and draw your own conclusions). Explain the implications of each good practice you identified. Hint: Search for “good spreadsheet development practices” or “spreadsheet design best practices.”
- Review the systems development life cycle (SDLC) in the course notes/text. Explain how the SDLC may facilitate sound spreadsheet design/development.
4.Improving Spreadsheet Design/Development. Recommend two practical solutions to the spreadsheet design/development concerns you identified above. That is, how would you go about ensuring sound spreadsheet design/development within a real-world organization? Consider the practicability of your recommendations.