You should write reading diary based on readings and to write:
(1) thematic analysis–ability to identify the most important themes of the readings accurately, and the quality of your analysis of these themes,
(2) contextualization–analysis of the ‘voice’ of the author (point of view, source of authority), and relationship of the author’s arguments to other readings in the course or the lectures,
(3) personal synthesis–your analysis of how this reading adds to your overall understanding of religion in Korean society.
2. Buswell, Korean Approach to Zen pp 1-39
3. Buswell, Religions of Korea in Practice, chapters 1-5
(I will post the link to readings later)