As a Pharmacy Manager, you must be able to explain state law requirements to your staff. While pharmacists are generally familiar with the state laws, the Pharmacy Technicians may not be clear on certain topics. Consequently, you will need to add content to your policy/procedure explaining key laws that Pharmacy Technicians will need to know and apply on a daily basis. The transferable skills that you will demonstrate with this assignment are information literacy, ethics, and professional responsibility.
In preparation for this:
- Research and summarize your state laws regarding the duties of a Pharmacy Technician.
- Explain how the state laws align with the ethical conduct required by pharmacy employers. Why are they important for demonstrating professional ethical practices? Discuss the consequences to the employer and customer of demonstrating unethical practices.
Write your findings in an APA formatted paper that is a minimum of 2-pages in length. Be sure to include an APA formatted reference page containing a minimum of 3 credible sources, with 2 being academic (such as an academic journal). Use a minimum of 3 in-text citations with proper formatting.
- A note about credible sources: Credible sources are reliable, accurate, and trustworthy. These sources are written by authors respected in their fields of study. You want to identify sources where the author of the article is listed, if they’ve referenced other information, the sources should be cited so that you can check for the accuracy of and support what they have written.
- Wikipedia is not considered a credible source. For more information on credible sources, please visit the Rasmussen Online Library.
You are encouraged to investigate the following resources:
- Board of Pharmacy in your state
- Rasmussen online library:
- Health Policy Reference Center via EBSCO
- Health Sciences and Nursing via ProQuest – Pharmaceutical News Index