Chapter 47: Musculoskeletal System Assignment 3/11
Please submit the th following assignment on the Skeletal System:
Diversity of Skeletons
- Distinguish between endoskeletons and exoskeletons, and provide examples of each.
- Define hydrostatic skeleton and explain how it provides support and enables movement.
The Human Skeletal System
- List the five main functions of the human skeleton.
- Describe bone development, including the roles of osteoblasts, osteoclasts, andosteocytes.
- Describe the structure of a long bone; differentiate between spongy and compact bone.
- List the parts of the osteon.
- List the components of the human axial skeleton and appendicular skeleton.
The Human Muscular System
- List the three types of muscle tissue found in humans.
- Describe how skeletal muscles act antagonistically.
- Distinguish between tetanus and tone.
- Summarize the microscopic structure of skeletal muscle tissue and the sliding filament model of muscle contraction.
- Describe the structure and function of the neuromuscular junction.
- Describe the roles of calcium (Ca2+) and ATP in muscle contraction.
Deadline 24 hours final budget $7.