Unit VII Essay
The learning outcome for this unit involves the process of developing an information system (IS) for an organization.
There are many factors involved in this process, including core activities and the methodologies for managing the
process. Project management plays a part as well. Additionally, IS development does not happen in a silo; there is also
the business side to consider as part of the process. All of these considerations are brought together and addressed in
For this assignment, you will need to access the CSU Online Library to research two articles concerning information
systems development and project management. Drawing on these two articles, your textbook, and other sources, write an
essay that addresses the following:
1. Provide a well-formulated thesis statement in your introduction paragraph.
2. Explain how a business user could be involved in the core activities of building an information system.
3. Analyze how software development methodologies (such as agile development) can work in tandem with project
management for the benefit of both information systems development projects and organizations.
4. Evaluate how project managers and/or IT managers can ensure that information system development projects are
in alignment with business strategies and goals.
5. Summarize your findings in a five-page paper using proper APA formatting.
Your response must be at least five pages in length and in APA format. You are required to use the two outside
articles. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have
accompanying APA citations.
Assume that you are the project manager for an upcoming new information systems project designed to replace your organization’s old inventory management system. The server and database will also be upgraded.
1. Name one risk of project derailment or failure that you might anticipate?
2. How might you mitigate this risk?