A topic is a low-level learning object in a course or knowledge product. Topics can vary in length. Topics can include text, graphics, voice, animation, video and more.
Select a topic of interest to you (or your current class or company), conduct a needs assessment, and create a topic activity. Your activity should provide 5 to 10 minutes of instruction. You can implement your activity using any of the following learning technologies:
- Word or PDF document
- PowerPoint presentation
- Blog (submit the Web address of your blog)
- Video (submit the Web address of your video)
- Podcast (submit the Web address of your podcast)
To perform your needs assessment, address the following:
- What do you know?
- What do you want to know?
- What are you trying to measure, determine, or define?
- How will you collect and record information?
- How will you report the information you collect?
- Are all interested groups included in planning and conducting the needs assessment?
Be sure to submit your needs assessment. You must include at least two references, in addition to the textbook. Sources must be formatted according to APA style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Be sure to submit a Word document title page to the dropbox along with your completed assignment.