- In what ways is learning a social experience?
- What are the fundamental concepts presented by Lev Vygotsky?
- How does Vygostky differ from Piaget?
- What are Communities of Practice and how do they impact learning?
- How have Social Constructvist approaches impacted teaching and learning and what is their significance?
- In what ways do these connect with your experience of teaching and learning?
Before attending to this week’s readings, think about the questions above. Much like you would do a K-W-L Chart with your students; determine what you KNOW about the topic and what you WANT to KNOW about the topic. Your R2R Post will indicate what you LEARNED about this week’s content. Refer to the R2R details and the success criteria outlined in the Syllabus.
- Phillips & Soltis: Chapter 6
- Wenger: A Social Theory of Learning
- McLeod: Vygotsky https://www.simplypsychology.org/vygotsky.html
- Schunk: Chapter 6 (Read Only the Following Pages/Sections)
- 240 (Vygotsky S.C. Theory) – 248
- 250 (Socially Mediated Learning) – 233
- 269 (Peer Assisted) – 271
- 274 (Summary) – 277
- Infed: Communities of Practice
Begin by replying to this discussion thread and adding your R2R Post.
Post a Reflective Response (R2R)
- Approximately 500 words in length
- Post should be substantive demonstrating knowledge of the readings
- Should address the Guiding Questions for the week
- See Syllabus for Success Criteria