Observe and collaborate with teacher about the following aspects of assessment, testing, and differentiated instruction:
- How is instruction adjusted according to state and district test results? How is professional development adjusted according to state and district test results?
- Explain how instruction is differentiated based on state and district test results.
- How is technology integrated to administer the tests?
- How are test results delivered to families?
- Considering laws of assessments with respect to IEPs etc., how are accommodations provided, delivered, and included in the analysis of state and district test results?
- What types of assessments/strategies are used to prepare for state and district tests?
Using any remaining field experience hours, assist the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
Consider your discussion and collaboration with your mentor teacher. Write a 250-500 word reflection describing how your mentor teacher analyzes and adapts instruction based on assessment results. Why is this practice vital in meeting the needs of all students? Be sure to reflect upon how you will use these findings in your future professional practice.