Read the following information:
Health care facilities are unique and have clearly defined characteristics based on the needs of the facility or population being served. Poor design may lead to staff, visitor, or patient stress. In large facilities, inability to find a department may lead to frustrations and disorientation for older patients. Poor layout may also lead to staff inefficiencies or fines because of failure to meet regulatory requirements.
Completea floor plan of the facility that you selected in Week One. Indicate if this will be a new facility or the renovation of an existing structure. If it is a new or existing structure, also explain why the renovation or new facility is needed.
Open the template you chose from week one in MedSpace®. From that point, you will be able to modify the template and add the information listed below.
Using your MedSpace® template, focus on the following environmental design elements:
- The health care structure such as walls, doors, hallways, waiting areas, and related structural components
- Diagnostic and treatment space equipment and location
- Customer service and amenities, such as the reception desk, bathroom, shower, vending machine, and so forth
- Clinical support areas, such as nurse’s station, charting areas, and so forth
- Physician or dentist office space for patient consultation
- Administrative offices
- Building support, such as laundry, generator facilities, housekeeping, and so forth
- Mechanical equipment, such as space for laboratory equipment, radiology equipment, gases such as oxygen, and suctions
- Color and noise elements
- Regulatory elements such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration and ADA guidelines
- Other elements such as IT or creative healing environmental ideas
Save your design once it is completed.
Copy the URL by clicking on Share > Copy URL > Copy URL.
Write a short 150-200 word summary that includes the following information:
- URL for your completed floor plan
- An overview of your facility plan
- Include a title page (running head, page number, formatted to UOP standardards), and first page of document (with title, running head and page number ) and short paragraph and URL.
Format your summary consistent with APA guidelines
NOTE: You can access the link for MedSpace by clicking on the Practice/Simulation/Homework/Game tab next to the Instructions tab.