The speed at which organizations operate is extraordinarily fast and seems to be increasing exponentially. When leaders are overwhelmed, they can be susceptible to making poor and sometimes unethical choices in an attempt to quickly regain control of a situation. However, these ill-chosen decisions can have dramatic consequences that reverberate throughout the organization causing even more problems. Therefore, it is important that leaders make decisions ethically and in the best interests of the organization and its staff members. To do this, leaders must align decision making to the strategy and vision of the organization. Alignment helps to ensure the underlying intent is appropriate to the organization’s core values and helps to propel the organization forward to achieve strategic objectives in pursuit of the vision. However, the quality and effectiveness of the decision can be enhanced or hampered depending on how much delegation the leader allows in the decision-making process. This assignment will allow you to analyze the importance of strategic alignment, describe how delegation impacts ethical decision making, and explain how leaders can leverage this to make ethical strategic decisions.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) analyzing the importance of strategic alignment, describing how delegation impacts ethical decision making, and explaining how leaders can leverage this to make ethical strategic decisions. Include the following:
- A research-supported analysis of the importance of aligning strategy, vision, and decision making in an organization.
- A research-based discussion of how delegation impacts ethical decision making.
- A research-supported explanation of how leaders can leverage the alignment between strategy and vision to make ethical strategic decisions.