- Find a publicly available secondary dataset that will allow you to answer at least one of your research question for your proposal.
- What is your research question?
- Explain your IV, DV, and how you are conceptualizing and operationalizing them. What variables will you be using? List at least 2 covariates that you feel it is important to include. Why did you choose these?
- What cleaning and recoding of these variables did you do? Be specific.
watch for reverse coding, values that seem out of logical range
- Create a table with the following descriptive statistics of your IV, DV, and at least two covariates: range, mean, median, mode, standard deviation
If the mean or median is not useful, include an explanation.
- Include a paragraph explaining the table. What does this information tell me about these variables? Be specific.
- Make sure to include the dataset and your Stata do file or SPSS syntax.