Outline of Final Paper
Review the Final Paper assignment instructions located in Week Five of this course. Next, develop an outline for your Final Paper to include the following:
- A title page in APA format.
- The outline of the plan contains all of the components as identified in CPG101 (Note: CPG 101 – Appendix C) to include: city, town, or state that this plan is written for and the agency/chief official who will approve and sign the plan.
- The purpose of the plan and when it will be implemented.
- An outline of the five annexes (must include a minimum of one from each of these Functional, Support, and hazard specific for your Emergency Operations Plan (Note CPG101 – Chapter 3 – page 34 and Appendix C).
- A reference page in APA format with five scholarly or professional references (Official government websites) in addition to the course texts and documents.
*** FINAL PAPER INSTRUCTIONS*** ( YOU ARE NOT WRITING A PAPER, just an OUTLINE )
Understanding the intricacies and challenges of emergency planning is not possible without actually undertaking the preparation of an emergency plan. During this assignment, students will develop a comprehensive plan for a town or city of their choice using the FEMA
Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG) 101. Develop your plan using:
- Real attributes, such as critical infrastructure within the town or city when developing the plan.
- Various special needs populations (i.e., hospitals, schools, retirement facilities, populations requiring special handling.)
- Natural hazards (i.e., hurricane, tornado, flooding, or wild fire) when developing the plan.
The plan for your jurisdiction will contain a basic plan and a
minimum of five annexes to include:
- Functional annexes
- Supporting annexes
- Hazard/threat/incident specific annexes
You must use at least eight sources in addition to the course textbook when developing your research and analysis. Some of these are:
- Continuity of Government & Continuity of Operations. (2003). Emergency planning guidance for a consolidated approach [PDF file].
- U. S. Department of Homeland Security. State and local government continuity of operations planning: Training, tests, and exercises [PDF file].