- Evaluate public health policies and practices as they relate to legal and ethical implications for individuals and populations.
- Analyze health needs, disparities, and healthcare delivery systems within the context of cultural, social, legal, political, and economic forces.
- Examine the structure of the U.S. legal system and government as it relates to ethics, law, and core principles of public health.
- Assess current legal and ethical principles and the application of such principles in healthcare practice.
- Analyze ethical and legal dilemmas that healthcare workers may encounter in the medical field.
- Examine legal requirements for managing patient information, health information documentation, the release of information, and electronic health records.
You are now ready to take the basic components you have created so far and, using those as a foundation, create the final Intake Packet the hospital will use during admissions. The Intake Packet will be comprised of the following elements:
- A New Patient Letter to accompany the Intake Packet
- The letter should be in business letter format
- The letter should address the following points for the patient:
- An explanation of the importance of ethics
- Why each part of the packet is included
- How the packet is to be used
- The letter should also include a HIPAA/Confidentiality statement
- The letter should also include a Privacy Pledge
- The Code of Ethics
- Based on your PowerPoint Presentation, create a one-page bulleted Code of Ethics
- A sample Living Will
- Make any necessary changes to your Living Will template and include it as part of the Intake Packet
- Create a new form for the patient to sign, acknowledging receipt of the above documents
In addition, you will craft an email to the CEO and the Board of Directors, explaining the purpose of the Intake Packet and all its components. Your email should use proper email formatting (including subject line description) and contain language appropriate to the receiver.
Finally, develop a PowerPoint presentation for placement on the Facility website.) Your audience includes past, current, and future patients. In the PowerPoint presentation, you will address the following:
- The Ethics and Values of the organization and an overview of the Code of Ethics
- The Purpose of the Intake Packet
- Explanation of HIPAA, and its goals and purpose
- Description and encouragement to sign the form acknowledging receipt
a. The PowerPoint should be between 10 and 15 slides.