Case Study Ethical Legal Dilemma Advanced Practice Nursing
Course outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
MN506-1: Apply theoretical frameworks and concepts to ethical dilemmas in the advanced practice role.
- Create an ethical legal decision-making dilemma involving an advanced practice nurse. “Patients who voluntarily stop eating and drinking”. Apply relevant codes of conduct that apply to the practice of nursing and your chosen field.
- Include one ethical principle and one law that could be violated and whether the violation would constitute a civil or criminal act based on facts.
- Construct a decision that demonstrates integrity and that would prevent violation of the ethical principle and prevent the law from being violated.
- Describe the legal principles and laws that apply to the ethical dilemma.
- Support the legal issues with prior legal cases or state or federal statutes.
- Analyze the differences between ethical and legal reasoning and apply an ethical-legal reasoning model in the case study to create a basis for a solution to the ethical-legal dilemma.
- List three recommendations that will resolve advanced practice nurses’ moral distress in the dilemma you have presented.
- Based on the issue you presented and the rules of the law, apply the laws to your case and come up with a conclusion.
- Include at least seven references in APA format with digital object identifier (doi) and/or URL if applicable.
- This is a fact-based Assignment that will not include your opinion.
- This will require research and support for what is written.
- The Assignment should be in your words after reading the scholarly and fact-based publications and have proper citations. There should be no quotations. The professor wants to hear your voice as a masters trained nurse.
Headings for the paper are as follows:
1). Ethical Dilemma
2). Ethical Principle and Law
3). Preventing Violation of Principle/Law
4). Ethical Principles and Laws
5). Legal Cases
6). Ethical and Legal Reasoning