As the human resources manager, it is your responsibility to keep all human resources employees informed about current employment law. You want to empower employees with resources that they can use independently to research employment law issues and policies. Using Excel, create a table that will be placed on the company’s Intranet as an employment law reference. You and your employees will be able to add to this document, so you will focus on the following areas of employment law :
- Wages and Hours of Work
- Safety and Health Standards
- Family and Medical Leave
- Whistleblower Protection
- National Origin-EEOC
- Sex/ Race-The Civil Rights Acts of 1964
- Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993
- Equal Pay and Compensation-Equal Pay Act of 1963
- The Pregnancy Act-1978.
- Sexual Orientation-EEOC
For each area of employment law, complete the following:
- List the federal agency (or agencies) that regulates this area.
- Describe how the agency implements the relevant law and policy.
- Provide a link to the agency’s Web site.
You should organize the
information within your table so that it is logical and able to be edited in