Using Value Stream Mapping to Manage Processes
Value stream mapping is a lean-management technique used to analyze and design events comprising the entire lifecycle of a product or service. This assignment requires you to apply this technique to analyze and make recommendations for an organization’s supply chain.
To complete this assignment:
- Review Case 1, “Integrated Logistics DEP/GARD,” on pages 431–433 of your Supply Chain Logistics Management text.
- Write a 3–4-page paper with supporting appendices that addresses questions 1, 2, 3, and 4 on page 433. Draw a value stream map in answering question 1, and include the map in your paper. In your paper, be certain to:
- Document supply chain operations using value stream mapping.
- Evaluate potential process improvements using lean management principles.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length: 3–4 typed and double-spaced pages, not including the supporting appendices.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.