- Read Chapter 14 in the textbook ( Myers, D. G. (2008). Social psychology. Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill.eference ). Closely consider the discussion on illusory correlations, hindsight and overconfidence, and self-confirming diagnoses.
- Read The Rosenhan Study: On Being Sane in Insane Places ( http://www.bonkersinstitute.org/rosenhan.html )
- Reflect on and answer the following questions:
- Can we really tell the “sane” from the “insane”?
- Do you think psychiatric labels are beneficial or harmful? Why?
- Cite two sources using APA style. Your textbook can be used as one of the sources
- Make initial post
- 250-300 words
Discussion Dates: August 5 – August 11, 2019
Obesity has become a national epidemic. For this week’s discussion forum, I’d like you to go to the CDC obesity web site and Let’s Move (https://letsmove.obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/) Please discuss which factors are likely to cause obesity, the potential health implications for our adults and children and what we can do to improve this situation. Has the material that you have learned in class provided you with tools to promote healthier choices?