Required Textbook Readings: Corey, G. (2017). Theory and practice of counseling and psychotherapy (10th ed.). Belmont, CA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 9 – Behavioral Therapy
- Chapter 10 – Cognitive Behavior Therapy
Watch: The Case of Stan – Behavioral Therapy -In MindTap on Cengage site. Under Chapter 9: How do I practice what I’ve learned
- Watch: The Case of Stan – Cognitive Behavior Therapy -In MindTap on Cengage site. Under Chapter 10: How do I practice what I’ve learned
In 250-300 words, with at least two references from course material, answer the following questions through your personal and spiritual worldview:
- Do you agree with Ellis’s assumption of Rational-Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) where the basis for emotional disturbance lays in irrational beliefs and thinking? To what degree do you accept the notion that events themselves do not cause emotional and behavioral problems; rather, it is our cognitive evaluation of these events that lead to our problems?
- Beck, on the other hand, identified various “cognitive distortions” that are the root of emotional difficulties and lead to a distorted perception of reality. To what degree do you accept the notion that cognitive therapists should assist clients in examining and restructuring their distorted core beliefs?
- Make initial post
- 250-300 words