A Prescription for Health [WLOs: 1, 2, 4, 5] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 5]
To prepare for this discussion, please read Chapter 13: Social Psychology, Stress, and Health of your textbook and read the Stress, Health and Illness: Four Challenges For the Future and the Life Stress and the Life Stress and Health: A Review of Conceptual Issues and Recent Findings articles. Also, watch the Achieving a State of Optimal Health: Stress and the Health Realization Model—American Academy of Pediatrics: Reaching Teens video.
In this discussion, you will consider social psychological variables that affect health. Note that you must utilize at least one relevant scholarly source in addition to your textbook for this discussion.
- Interpret the relevance of one or more social variables that influence health (e.g., social support, hope, choice, etc.) in your own life.
Also, in your discussion,
- Examine situational factors that play a role on health.
- Discuss social and cultural variables that may influence health.
- Appraise relevant theory and research to support your analysis.
To fully demonstrate content knowledge and critical thinking,
- Interpret course concepts explicitly, applying them to your personal experiences/observations, and cite the required readings as appropriate.
- Be thorough and specific, structuring your work intentionally (with an introductory and concluding sentence or two), providing clear context, and concisely and precisely explaining relevant course concepts.
- Use personal examples to illustrate as appropriate, but do be sure to provide an objective analysis too, referencing required materials and using additional sources as needed to support your insight.
- Use your own Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) and apply in-text citations appropriately throughout your post.
- Review APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) for more information.
- Your original post should be a minimum of 300 words.