Module 7: Earned Value Management CT 7 MODULE 7
Option #2: Earned Value Management Review
Using past course texts, current suggested readings, and other scholarly resources, write a review of earned value management.
Define the following:
- Schedule variance (SV)
- Cost variance (CV)
- Schedule performance index (SPI)
- Cost performance index (CPI)
Be sure to address these questions:
- What do SPI and CPI demonstrate? How do you plan to use this information in your recommendation to the CIO?
- How are SV and CV related to one another? Why are these terms important?
- What are the major advantages of using earned value metrics to understand the effectiveness of project performance? What do you perceive are its disadvantages?
- What are the challenges associated with obtaining earned value metrics? What can you do as a project manager to minimize the challenges?
- What are your recommendations given the information above?
Lastly, conclude with a description of the value of earned value management to an organization.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 3 pages in length.MUST HAVE TITLE AND REFERENCE PAGE – NOT INCLUDED IN PAGE LENGTH. REFERENCES MUST BE IN APA FORMAT!
- Be formatted according to ALL APA REQUIREMENTS!!!
- Include two scholarly sources.