· Assess client families presenting for psychotherapy
· Develop genograms for client families presenting for psychotherapy
· Select a client family that you have observed or counseled at your practicum site.
· Review pages 137–142 of Wheeler (2014) and the Hernandez Family Genogram video in this week’s Learning Resources.
· Reflect on elements of writing a comprehensive client assessment and creating a genogram for the client you selected.
Part 1: Comprehensive Client Family Assessment
Create a comprehensive client assessment for your selected client family that addresses (without violating HIPAA regulations) the following:
History or present illness
Past psychiatric history
Substance use history
Family psychiatric history
History of abuse and/or trauma
Review of systems
Mental status exam
Part 2: Family Genogram
Develop a genogram for the client family you selected. The genogram should extend back at least three generations (parents, grandparents, and great grandparents).