Course Project Part II
Take the criminal you invented in Unit VII Course Project Part I, and complete the following tasks:
You are a law enforcement officer that has arrived on the scene, been assigned to track down, whatever the case may be, the computer criminal you created in Part I of this Project for this course.
Summarize your answers to the following questions:
- What is your first step? Why?
- What agency do you work for? Why are you the correct person/agency to catch this criminal? Explain your jurisdictional authority.
- What law or laws are applicable to this criminal and these crimes? Why?
- How are you going to work with other agencies?
- Locate and identify the evidence.
- What search and seizure procedure did you follow?
- Provide a chain of custody, tracking the evidence.
- How do you authenticate the evidence for trial?
- Do you catch the criminal?
- How is he or she prosecuted? What court hears evidence, and why? What rules of evidence are used?
- Was this project an effective exercise? Why, or why not?
Your paper should be at least two pages in length. APA format is required for all citations and references.