State Consumer Protection
Most states have enacted their own consumer protection laws. These laws vary tremendously from state to state. Identify a consumer protection law in your state and address the following:
- Analyze the law, its purpose, and what it is aimed to accomplish;
- Describe the industry that the law affects and what types of businesses are affected;
- Explain the changes and/or policies that an affected business would have to implement in order to comply with the law or portion the law;
- Assess whether the law is effective in accomplishing its objective.
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Miller, R. L. (2014). Business law: Text and cases – commercial law for accountants. Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning.