My topic, open ended question: What are the benefits of doing mandatory drug tests and is it unfair if it’s medicinally legal in some states? .
Find Two Appropriate Non-Scholarly Sources Using a Search Engine such as Google or Bing
Use a search engine (like Google or Bing) to find two non-scholarly sources that address your research question. In order to be appropriate, these sources must pass the CRAAP test.
- Find two appropriate non-scholarly sources using a search engine such as Google or Bing.
- Create APA references for the non-scholarly sources.
- Write annotations for the two non-scholarly sources.
- Develop a thesis statement based on your research question.
The non-scholarly source may be any of these types of sources:
- A newspaper or magazine article (not an editorial).
- An article from a professional organization website or trade journal (e.g., science, medical, etc.).
- An article or report from a .gov website.
- A blog post written by an expert on the topic.
The non-scholarly source may not be
- A book or book chapter.
- A scholarly article.
- A reference source (e.g., encyclopedia, almanac, dictionary).
Be sure to copy and record the URL (web address) of the non-scholarly sources that you choose so you can include it in your reference.
Create APA References for the Two Non-Scholarly Sources
Write Annotations for the Two Non-Scholarly Sources
The annotations must be in your own words, two paragraphs long, and address the points below. Provide brief descriptions, explanations or examples to support your answers.
- What kind of source is this?
- What is the thesis or main claim of the source?
- What evidence or claims does the source present in support of the thesis? Present at least two examples of support the source uses.
- What other important claims does the source make?
Paragraph 2: Evaluate
- How adequately does the source support its thesis?
- How current is the information in the source relative to your research question?
- How credible and authoritative is the source for your research question?
- What limitations, if any, did you note in the source?
- How does the source help answer your research question?
Develop a Thesis Statement Based on Your Research Question
Your thesis statement should summarize the conclusions you came to after researching your topic and be no more than two sentences long
The Final Annotated Bibliography
- Must be double-spaced, include a title page and be formatted according to APA style.
- Must use the All Sources Annotated Bibliography template provided in the assignment instructions.
- Must use two scholarly articles, one e-book, and two non-scholarly sources.