- Read Chapter 10 in textbook. Myers, D.G., & Twenge, J.M. (2012). Social Psychology (11th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education
- Does Media Violence Cause Aggression?
- If you think YES! – read this article – https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/pdf/10.1146/annurev.publhealth.26.021304.144640
- If you think NO! – read this article: Ferguson, C. J. (2015). Does media violence predict societal violence? It depends on what you look at and when. Journal of Communication, 65(1), E1-E22. doi:10.1111/jcom.12129
- Answer the following questions:
- Give a brief summary of the article you chose and why you chose it. (Hypothesis, methods, results, limitations, )
- Based on the results of your article, do you still feel confident in your beliefs on this topic?
- What would you recommend to parents of children/teens in terms of media exposure based on the results of the article you read?
- Paper length should be approximately 2-3 pages in length (approximately 500- 750 words).
- Use APA style, including a cover page and reference page (not included in page length)
- Introductory paragraph, setting forth a clear statement of your assignment.
- Conclusion, a concise paragraph that reaffirms your assignment.
- Cite a minimum of 2 sources (APA). This can include the textbook, or other outside materials.