- What is Earth’s mantle?
- What elements make up the Earth’s mantle?
- Describe the “big splash” theory of the Moon’s origin?
- How are comets different from asteroids?
- Of what are comets made? And asteroids?
- If you grew up on the moon, would your bones be heavier or lighter than they are now?
- Look up New Horizons space probe. Where is it heading and where is it right now?
- Where are the tallest and longest mountain chains on Earth? How were they formed?
- How do we know that tectonic plates move?
Describe how transform plate boundaries differ from plate boundaries.
What form of geologic activity is exhibited along transform boundaries?
- On what tectonic plate do you live?
How many adjacent plates are there to the one you live on?
In which direction are these plates moving?
- If the Mid-Atlantic Ridge opens up at the rate of 5 centimeters per year, how much farther apart will Paris and New York be in 1,000 years (show your work for full credit)?
- Mount Everest is now approximately 8,850 meters tall, and it has been growing taller at a rate of about 2 centimeters per year. Estimate the approximate age of the mountain.