Assignment: Application: Technological Solutions
One of the vexing problems for government organizations is the lack of adequate information technology (IT) systems and information technology staff. Many argue that this may keep some governments from maximizing effective use of resources for meeting their missions. Some consider computers to be as important as plumbing and electricity. Thus, government organizations need to fulfill their technology needs with newer hardware and enhanced software. In this Assignment, you recommend technological solutions that could improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and budgeting within a specific government organization. Review the Learning Resources for this week. Then, select an organization and two technological solutions that could improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and budgeting within this organization.
By Day 7
Submit a 4- to 5-page double-spaced paper (not including the cover and reference pages) in which you do the following:
- Briefly describe a government or non-profit organization in your state or nation.
- Briefly describe the current finance and budgeting situations/practices that could be positively affected by technological solutions.
- Briefly describe the technology your organization is currently using.
- Recommend two additional technological solutions, and explain how each could improve the efficiency or effectiveness of finance and budgeting within the organization.
- Use from the library at least two scholarly sources that were published within the past five years to support your paper. Be sure to follow APA guidelines when citing your sources.