Complete all of your required text reading and review any relevant Instructor Guidance prior to completing this discussion. In your initial post:
- Identify one leader (e.g., drill sergeant, a teacher, a family member, a coach, a manager, or politician) who has influenced your life in a positive and personal way.
- Detail the time period in your life when you knew this person, who this person is/was, and explain his or her role and relationship to you.
- Examine what makes/made this person an effective leader in your opinion.
- Describe some of the basic characteristics discussed in the reading and critically discuss how this person’s leadership qualities are similar or different than the information on leadership in the reading.
- Identify any pertinent trends in leadership that might apply and that may have contributed to the person’s effectiveness as a leader.
Your initial post must be a minimum of 200 words and you must utilize at least one scholarly source (e.g., the course textbook, a peer-reviewed article from the Ashford University Library, or a professional web source) that is cited according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. For further assistance in researching scholarly sources, please access the
tutorials on the Ashford University Library website.