Ensure you have finished the required reading and reviewed any relevant Instructor Guidance prior to completing this discussion. Address the following in your post:
- Think about a painful experience in your life. Please do not share anything that might make you uncomfortable in a public forum. Your experience could be something as simple as burning your hand on the stove, a trip to the dentist, etc.
- Describe the experience of feeling pain in that situation and how it might be explained through the terminology outlined in your reading.
- Based on the reading, identify one of the pain management techniques that you feel would best reduce the pain experience in this situation.
- Examine the application of your selected pain management technique in relation to the same situation within a different culture. Explain the role of the perception of pain and the impact of culture on perception of pain.
- What (if any) usage trends of specific pain-management techniques are you able to identify?
Your initial post must be a minimum of 200 words and you must utilize at least one scholarly source (e.g., the course textbook, a peer-reviewed article from the Ashford University Library, or a professional web source) that is cited according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.