· HA535-1: Articulate a plan to obtain data on a health-related topic.
In this Assignment, you will be locating and using evidence to support a specific health-based concern or topic. Using the resources available to you, locate a health-related topic in your community (e.g., local, state, or regional). You will communicate this health-related topic to others.
· Locate a health-related topic in your community (e.g., local, state, or regional).
· Using one (1) of the methods below, develop a communication initiative that best educates your community on this health-related topic:
· 2-page fact sheet on the health-related topic (e.g., disease, condition, addiction).
· An educational brochure.
· PowerPoint presentation (10–12 slides).
· 3–5 minute public service announcement (using a free online voice recorder such as vocaroo.com)
· Letter to your state representative informing him/her of the importance of the identified health-related topic.
· Your communication initiative should portray a real-life, health-related topic in your community. The use of factual data is required for this Assignment.
· The use of the first person is permitted for this Assignment. APA formatting (title page, conclusion, reference page, etc.) should not be used. Remember, you are developing a current communication initiative for your community.
· Although the use of APA formatting is not required for this Assignment, proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation are expected.